Thursday, June 21, 2012

Tooth & Nail



I just lost two teeth.

Unfortunately, the tooth fairy was no where to be seen and I am pressed into finding a dentist. Not just any dentist. A new dentist. Not that there was anything wrong with my old dentist: I however chose to move 8 hours away from my old dentist and I doubt even for two missing teeth (fake as they are) she would be willing to make a house call.

Everything is changing these days. Parts are either coming off or sliding to areas they have no business being in.  I fail to see what is so "fabulous about the 50s" unless this is just happening in my 50s.

Since I turned 50 I lost a gallbladder, four teeth, an eyebrow (that was actually my fault), a husband (not my fault), a cat, keys, weight, sanity and at times, hope. I also found friendship, quarters (in the bottom of 3 purses), weight, keys, strength, passion, the best chicken wings I ever tasted, patience and at times, interestingly enough, hope.

I wish I could just stop time. When did I become the mother of an adult? When did my arms grow winglets underneath them that make it possible for me to become a human glider (if I so decided, but so far I haven't tried). How did I walk out the door in 1979 for a diet Tab and come back in 2012 with an Ensure?

I am still determined as ever to take a big bite out of life and enjoy myself the entire way until I've gone to glory. Live! Live! Live I say!

But I first need to get my teeth fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment